Jarhead...

Jarhead
Seeing a movie alone...sometimes you walk out of there, not really knowing what to think, or what to feel. If you go with someone, you can talk about it, go over points of the film, and really examine whether you liked it or not. When you go alone, sometimes you walk out, and you are just...just sort of...
I mean, when you see a SHITTY movie, it is shitty. You walk out, you KNOW it was shitty. (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...Matrix II, and III) When you see an AMAZING movie, you walk out, and you are floored. You walk fast so that you don't have hear what some asshole thinks about it. You just want to get away from everyone, and fucking rant about how fucking amazing it was.
Then sometimes you see a movie, and, well, you know it was GOOD, but you don't know how good. Or maybe...maybe the cinematography was GREAT, but the story, and acting was kinda bullshit...but hell, it LOOKED good. Or maybe there was a great soundtrack, the story was "eh" and, well, it had that dude that normally I hate, but he pulled that roll off pretty good...
Jarhead LOOKED great. Jake Gyllenhaal and Jamie Foxx were fucking amazing. And the non Zach Braff dude from Garden State (Peter Sarsgaard) was pretty good too. So it LOOKED good, and the actors were kick ass...but what about the story? I am not sure how I feel about it.
So it wasn't AMAZING, and it wasn't SHITTY.
There you go. How is that for a review?
1 Comments:
Good, no good?
I'm pretty pumped on seeing it.
Post a Comment
<< Home